Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First pondering post of 2011

The first post of 2011. Why do things happen so fast lately? Ever since I became a mum, it seems that everything occurs at lightning speed. Sure the days are long and tiring but I would gladly say that they are the most fulfilling and productive days that I have ever experienced in all my life. Work and money is so insignificant now. I guess you can say that I'm living each moment. Some days I wake up at 2am for baby's feed and end up sleeping at 4am after washing clothes, ironing or like last night; sweeping and mopping the apartment. Thank God that I live in an apartment and not a mansion (read SPACE)or I would never ever sleep with the amount of things that needs doing in a day!

Life can be a repetition of itself but never is it mundane nowadays because there is always something that needs to be done; like in-between midnight feeds, household chores, my day job, meals to think about and of course other 'baby' needs to see to.

Everyday I try so hard to be a kick-butt mum. Everyday I give 100% of myself. 100% at work. 100% off work. Sure, it isn't easy but I never realized how talented I am at being productive! When I really give it my all, I find that I can mark books, get the most horrid class to behave (biggest achievement as of late), cook up something for dinner and still have time to buy cut stalks of flowers for the dinner table! Not to forget the midnight chore of sweeping and mopping which I accomplished last night. And I'm not even tired eventhough I had about 4 hours of sleep. Sometimes we never know our true limits until we push ourselves.

Oh, plus I even managed to sneak in time to upload pics on fb, chat with friends and read the daily paper online. Now I truly understand the saying that even the President of the USA has the same 24 hours as you and me. Basically, it's about how we micro-manage and fit things into that 24 hours that matters most.

But at this point, 90% of me is just thinking of giving the work scene a break cos I wanna spread my wings and fly. I dream a dream and I owe it to myself to at least try it out, don't I? But then again, there's always a 'Then Again...' isn't there? Fav' phrase at the mo; Que Sera Sera...........have a good year ahead, folks!:)

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not" ~George Bernard Shaw

2 comments:

J said...

It's been long... But I am glad motherhood is rocking your days!!!

Happy 2011 (a bit too late don't you think???)

Princess Running Water (soon-to-be Queen) said...

Hey at least we're still in Jannuary! ;)