Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Teacher I Must Be


A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, no?

Teaching is my life and education is my game. I may manipulate the game as much as I want to but I can't run away from the fact that I was born to be a teacher.

Nothing, and believe me, no other occupation gives me as much joy and contentment as knowing that I walked into a class and managed to capture the attention span of a vivacious group of boisterous students. Nothing makes me feel as utterly and completely satisfied as seeing students being interested in my lesson enough that they want to learn more, that it brings out the questions in them and gets them speaking in class. Nothing fills my heart with intense satisfaction as seeing a student putting to use what was being taught like new vocabulary, for instance.

A teacher in my heart I am and a teacher is what I will always be. No other field could delight me and justify the hours invested in return for the salary earned as that of the job which bears the title TEACHER.

I miss the feeling of being in charge of a classroom. I miss the mere setting of a classroom. I miss the undisciplined students for honestly, it's really just their hormone that makes them the way they are. I miss inspiring, teaching and changing the mindsets of young adults. In other words, I just miss being a teacher in the confinements of a classroom. There's no place like home (or so they say).

Teaching - the gift and privilege of imparting knowledge. The most noble job of all time.

2 comments:

J said...

"Selamat Pagi Cikgu!!!!"

Does that help???

Princess Running Water (soon-to-be Queen) said...

Hey Hi! I've missed u! :) How have u been? still full of dilemma in your days?